With more than 100 years of experience resulting by thousands installations worldwide in the heavy clay industry, Morando produces a wide range of machines and equipment for clay preparation and product shaping.
The whole line of products is developed and produced internally, basing on the requirements of a modern brick and tile factory.
All the engineering processes are monitored by strict laboratory tests performed with physical, chemical and technological controls, according to the results expected by the Customers.
At the beginning of the XX Century, Mr. Silvio Andrea Morando starts his activity manufacturing the first machines for the brick factories. In 1920, Officine Morando becomes the first company able to propose an entire line of machines and equipment for the bricks industry.
During the 70’s, Morando reaches his maximum dimension: facilities with over than 80.000 sqm., 1.400 employees, 340 high level technicians, 5 sites abroad including “Morando Brazil”, more than 5.000 plants supplied worldwide and the biggest R&D dept. in this field.
On 2000, Morando moves into a modern facility, in the new industrial area in Asti. On 2006, Morando S.r.l. becomes part of the French group of companies «Legris Industries». Since 2009 the whole Morando and Rieter machine range is manufactured in Asti.
Actually, the size of our facilities is over than 10.000 sqm., equipped with robots for the manufacturing of wearing parts, CNC machines, an efficient assembling department and a wharehouse provided with more than 11.000 items for spare parts.
The Rieter-Werke, one of the oldest and most well-known representatives of the brick machinery industry, was founded in 1874 in Konstanz under Swiss management.
In 1898 the Swiss Arthur Rieter acquired the plant and gave it his name. With the joining of Mr. Arthur Rieter the assorted production of the company was changed to the special manufacturing of brick machinery and transportation equipment.
At the World Fair in Paris in 1900, the first wet grinding pan and the first revolving roof tile press were introduced successfully. In 1911, at the World Fair in Turin, the enterprise was the only one in its field which was awarded the “Grand Prix”.
In 1939, Dipl. Ing. Walter Händle, whose family and brands are well known in third generation and leading in brick machinery manufacturing, purchased the company.
The name Rieter enjoys an excellent reputation as innovative as well as reliable partner of the ceramic industry worldwide and stands for cost-effectiveness, efficiency and high product quality.
Since 2011 the main task in service, maintenance and spare parts dispatch, is handled, as usual, quickly and reliably from Konstanz. Furthermore, in cooperation with the customers, solutions are developed and realized to match with their requirements and conditions, benefiting of a deep cooperation with the colleagues of the company Morando in Asti, where the machines of the two well-known brands are built on most modern production plants.