The double shaft filter mixers, besides having the typical functions of the double shaft mixers, filter the raw materials by separating stones, roots and other inclusions.
This is possible through the action of two paddle shafts, equipped with a set of augers in the final part, which rotate in a high capacity trough containing the raw material. The clay, moving from the feeding zone towards the machine unload, undergoes at first an action of watering and mixing in the zone where the paddles work, then, is compelled by the augers rotation to pass through a grid which avoids the passage of foreign matters with dimensions bigger than the links of the same grid.The double shaft filter mixers are available with mixing trough lengths from 2500 up to 3700 mm, paddles and augers diameters from 420 up to 860 mm for throughputs of approx. 15–130 m3/h.
- Mixing blades holding shafts made in steel with square section;
- Trough with internal interchangeable chromium plated linings;
- Shafts front support equipped with spherical rolls bearings;
- Blades and augers in electro-welded steel with chromium plating and wear resistant reinforcement in tungsten carbide;
- Front filtering grids made in wear resistant steel sheet with hydraulic moving system for quick exchange of grids, also during machine operation;
- Protection of mixing zone by means of grid;
- Gear box, in electro-welded steel, with double reduction containing removable supports, steel shafts and helical toothed gears;
- Forced lubrication by means of a separated circuit driven by motorized pump